Yep. Can you believe it? I'm feeling a bit of a design lull right now. I'm sorry about this, I'm sure all of you are trying to figure out why I'm pulling a Debbie-Downer all over your Tuesday morning, but I'm just being honest. Perhaps my mood went spiraling out of control last night when the Bachelorette once again dumped the perfect guy (Ames) when she still has a few big dates to go on... those stinkin' bachelorettes, they sure as heck don't know how to pick 'em. (sorry for the trash-tv side bar) Anyway, when I feel uninspired and perhaps a tad frustrated, I try a few things to get my little brain crankin'. Number one, visit Anthropologie. Not only does it always smell really, really good, but it's jam packed full from the floor to the ceiling with some pretty spectacular things. AND if I'm really lucky, they'll have new merch that I have yet to stalk via interwebs or in real life.... (and yes, I just called the all-magical internet the interwebs)

Thank you anthropologie for lighting the fire under my sorry behind this morning.... it would have been a pretty skank Tuesday had it not been for your new merch genius.

Spectrum Narcissus Wallpaper
This wallpaper saved me today. The color, shape, texture in the petals. I adore the rustic reds meshed so closely to the pale mint and purple tones. It's just so unexpected that it has snapped me back into feeling like there is beauty around every corner. Now, where oh where can I paste this wallpaper in my abode???



These tufted beauties are just plain pretty. I love the shape and the low seat on this piece. I admire Anthro for pulling back sometimes and selling something that is simply timeless. Good show anthro, good show. 

And back to pretty-painterly. When I saw this I thought, "I could totally do that". And I don't mean to sound like "miss thang" but... I could. So, perhaps I will! I have a plain lamp shade or two that I have saved in my attic just screaming to be used in a special way. 


This is for the Auburn Tiger in me.... "A tiger doesn't change it's spots" is what this dishtowel reads. I think this would be so precious to crop in and frame around the embroidery. This would work beautifully in a nursery... 


I just love how quirky and graphic this piece feels. It's from the archives of the French textile artist Paule Marrot. The original pencil and acrylic rendering lives in the Paris' Musee d'Orsay. Fancy. Shmancy.


I love this milky set of glassware. The shape of the tea cup is so interesting... and I love the faceted design on the lower portion of each piece. These would be so, so lovely on display. 


Wow. I love, love, love this patinaed brass knob. I really love the depth of this little knob as well as the little spheres circling the outermost part of this mum. I can see these pretty little knobs transforming any piece of furniture... lovely!


So, I hope all of you abode lovers are feeling as inspired as I am now. Isn't that a great loot of new items!? I love when the new stuff finally appears. Have an amazing Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top