Good morning abode lovers! So, remember a few weeks ago when I blogged about the baby shower that I threw for Nene in Atlanta? I not only decorated my little tookus off, but I stenciled for even longer... Yes, that's right. Yours truly stenciled every wall of Raleigh's nursery floor to ceiling with birch trees. I am pretty much in love! 

We really wanted the oh-so-popular cole & son birch wallpaper, but at almost $200 per roll, I decided to use a stencil so that we could allocate our budget toward other fun nursery items. I am SO glad that we did! We purchased the stencil from a shop on etsy called Olive Leaf Stencils for about $60. What I love about stencils is the option to choose whatever colors we wanted as well as the ease of not worrying about having to remove wallpaper when this little babe grows up. 

The birch design is organic in nature, so the template wasn't so hard and fast. I could mess up a little here and there, cover up with a hand painted branch and move forward. I simply taped the stencil in place with painters tape, then used a small sponge roller to coat the stencil. I would remove it immediately then move on! I chose 2 shades of pale grey to tie in with the fabric that will be used on the bumper pads and the bed skirt. I love the soft look that the greys give the space.

We still have much to do... bedding still needs to be made and all of the artwork needs to be hung. I called Nene when I got home from that frantic weekend in Atlanta full of fun and realized I had not taken photos along the way. Some blogger I am... So Nene took these photos for me to share with all of you. Thanks Nene!


Luna, Nene's pup, decided to be Vanna White for these photos. We are still lacking Raleigh's fabulous Serena & Lily glider... but we are HOPING that it arrives before Raleigh does. It will live in this corner below with the West Elm side table and Overstock lamp.



I love the pale aqua ceiling... it's so sweet and brings a little whimsy to this space. 


This light was installed over the weekend as well! This sweet Pottery Barn Kids pendant replaced an old, skank fan. Much better. 


Here is Luna modeling the PBTeen driftwood mirror that will hang over the dresser. I LOVE how wild the branches are... it feels so natural and is perfect for this space. 


The dresser was a piece that Nene already owned (it was actually our dresser growing up... I ruined the surface with my roller blade Barbie on my 8th birthday the WEEK that my mom had purchased it.... I was in BIG trouble. My mom loves furniture as much as I do!) Anyway, this little baby was the perfect size for the space so we had it painted the same pale aqua of the ceiling and replaced the outdated hardware with these nickel pulls. 


These also arrived and Luna was kind enough to model the transparency of these Floating Lacquer Frames from West Elm...


the Bello Shag Rug is also new from West Elm... it's like candy, but for your feet. 


All 4 will hang vertically here-- they will hold photos of mommy, daddy, big brother and Luna. 


This wall will be covered with the baby animal prints that you saw at the shower.... The repeating pattern will be less visible with wall hangings to break it up. I can't WAIT to see it all come together!



Don't you just LOVE this green lamp? It was a Homegoods steal from a few years ago... it was kind of perfect for the space, so it's staying! 


Luna says "peace out."


Here is a little reminder of the inspiration board for Raleigh's friends of the forest nursery... 


I am so happy with the way the nursery is coming together... I love the stencil and can't wait to pull all the last details together for the space! I hope all of you abode lovers have a fantastic day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top