HA-HA! I fooled you, that's right- I pulled a good one on all of my lovely Abode Lova's... I WASN'T FINISHED WITH MY KITCHEN REMODEL! "What else could she have done!?!" you ask. Two words.... Mirror. Wall. Booya. (well, that's three words isn't it...)


Anyway, I thought it would be fun to keep this one under raps... a secret project that would only be revealed once it was complete! I have hinted a few times that I had something special in mind for my dining area- and this was it! Check out this earlier post I did about mirrors on the wall... you can see where I pulled my inspiration from easily!
(before) 

Mister Husband was in charge of getting this wall together... he hired a glass guy, and had one of his good friends come over to do all of the woodwork! (We gave Colonel Dad a break after finishing the kitchen!) Mr. Hubbs' friend Britt did a GREAT job! 
(Mister Husband hanging the Wisteria mirror!)


Lady sniffing the new present! (and yes- that's King's waggin' tail...) 
 And a little kiss before the big reveal!
 Gorgeous, right? It's from Wisteria- and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. When I planned for this wall of mirrors, I really wanted to be able to hang artwork or mirrors on the wall- so, framing it in was my best option! 
detail shot of the lovely carving
I thought about doing the pattern in squares, but I really love the center mirrors being large- I feel like it opens up the space more that if it were divided. I love that this little, dark nook has turned into a shiny, glittering space! The chandelier's reflection adds even more light and sparkle to the space-- it feels MUCH larger now- don't you love that a mirror can give you extra faux square footage? I do!
 The mirror in the center also breaks up all the vertical lines with something that feels much more organic and natural. 

 This image really shows off the metallic ceiling that I painted almost a year ago!
And here are a few other little Christmas touches that I have added since the last post...

 a little pansies and lambs ear go a long way...


I love a garland and lights wrapped around the staircase... Such a lovely touch when guests walk through the door! 
Another great little touch... fresh flowers! I grabbed a couple of packs of oversized white mums and placed mini arrangements all over the abode!

I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend, I need to get back to cleaning the abode and cooking for my girlies! T-minus 2 1/2 hours until the party begins!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top