I know, I know... Christmas is the season of GIVING! (no worries, my Christmas tree is packed with gifts for people OTHER than myself) BUT I have indulged in a few special items before the big day.... this is one of them:


I love Steve Martin, and I LOVED the movie ShopGirl... If I had known that is was based off of Steve Martin's book Shop Girl- I would have read it before seeing the movie- too bad! Anyhow- I love the way good ole Steve writes... I'm only about 50 pages in, but I a can tell this one's going to be good!

I am a graphic designer, so I can't really help it, but I totally judge books by their cover. (and I rarely buy paperbacks- I'm just a book snob- I can't help it!) This cover is the bomb. It was done by Darren Booth... he is super awesome and unbelievably talented. He is based out of Canada and is an illustrator/typographer-- Here is more of his work!

ENJOY! 
I would love to have this framed in my abode... so striking!
 again, I would love to have this... this would look GREAT in my living room!

 Love the rough edges of these next illustrations...





Have a great day! I will be reading An Object of Beauty as a gift to myself this Christmas and then PROUDLY displaying it in the abode... gotta love a great book with a beautiful cover!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top