So- I have not forgotten about the last item of my ridiculous furniture shopping spree- I am just stretching this process out as long as possible. Here is the post revealing the 2nd piece!

The third and final piece of furniture is actually for Mister Husband's Man Mountain. Did he pick it out? Nope. Mister Husband's job is not to pick out furniture... that's my job. However, when I showed Mister Husband (and Colonel Dad) this piece of furniture.... they both felt weak in the knees for the first time about a piece of furniture. (at least I think they were weak in the knees, they may argue otherwise)

Anyway... you'll understand when you see it... Abode Lovers.... drumroll please.....
TA-DA! The Aviator Chair via Restoration Hardware

Description: Drawing inspiration from World War II bomber planes, this chair's aerodynamic curves are hugged in riveted aluminum, while the seat and back are swathed in ribbed leather with the busted-down softness of a vintage bomber jacket. A low seat and raked back give it true flyboy swagger.

The fact that Colonel Dad is a pilot gave him a sweet tooth for this beauty... can you see why?

Doesn't it make sense now? This chair is (excuse my french) bad ass. Yes, I said it. Mister Husband saw this chair and told me that if he had THIS chair, that he wouldn't use THAT chair anymore.... (no worries... when company comes over that ugly thing gets shoved in the closet!)
From now on... this leather beauty will be Mister Husband's pilot seat. 
Where will it go??? HERE! Perhaps by then we will have the TV hung and perhaps more art? Maybe a pair of sconces? I am also on the search for a coffee table for this space...

The drums and guitar will have to find a new home next to that horrid, skank white racing chair in the closet!
Side view.... 
 View of the back... Yes... it comes to a point... and just so you know- this IS a comfortable chair... you feel like you're getting a snug-hug as soon as your bum hits the seat!
 Aren't these gorgeous!?
So there... that's it. My whole embarrassing list of furniture from one crazy night of shopping with my older sister! I am SO excited about every piece- but it will be MONTHS before these beautiful pieces make their way to my abode. (good thing... I have quite a payment to chip away at!)

I will start revealing my sister's embarrassing purchases next!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top