Yes- I said it, brilliance. I just had the greatest idea... and please, don't anyone tell me if you have already thought of this... (kidding of course! kind of.) I have always loved the idea of framing the postage stamps from my wedding invitations.... I am thinking they would look great in our Master Bedroom.

I used these! I love, love the deep jewel tones and the glamour of these Hollywood stars! I feel that they will look great with the tufted bed and blue, velvet drapes. These stamps are no longer being sold on USPS- so if you want these babies, you will have to order elsewhere... 

Now- I have this great idea to frame a few more and make a wall cluster out of them! You could pull this idea into ANY room... I really love the idea of using these King & Queen Stamps in the Man Mountain. The colors would be perfect! 
this is how I would mat and frame them.... LOTS of white space... maybe even more than this- 
and a super simple frame.

Now, would all of you like to know what sparked this spectacular idea??? This pack of vintage stamps from Anthropologie- seriously- you could use these together to form a fun shape- you could frame one at a time... or you could paste them to a canvas.... the possibilities are ENDLESS. I think stamps are a great option for a quirky and sweet piece of art. Just because these pieces are small doesn't mean you can't create a HUGE impact by framing them large- scale- or creating a huge grid of fun and fabulous stamps!
 Look how many different options come in one pack! Talk about art on the "cheap!" 
It's only $6 for 50 stamps! 
I would like to order these vintage little beauties asap! I also need to round up some of the stamps from my invites-- I will let all of you know when I put this idea into my abode! Anyone want to jump on the stamp band wagon???

Happy Hump Day Abode Lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top