Oh yes- it's here fellow abode lovers! Tis the season to be merry, and warm and happy--

Yesterday, Colonel Dad came over to help FINISH UP the kitchen! That's right, I said FINISH! However, nothing really ever goes as planned, so instead of FINISHING, Colonel Dad and Mr. Husband spent much of the afternoon dealing with our broken water heater... so much for being warm (at least in the shower) this holiday season! So, wouldn't you know, the bottom "element" (I'm learning all kinds of new water heater terminology) will NOT come out. We need to replace it, and we have tried everything to get that skank sucker out of there. No luck so far. Colonel Dad called around to see if he could find a big ole socket wrench (38mm to be exact) to get that corroded, dumb thing replaced and was successful this morning! If the wrench thing cannot remove the element, we're looking at purchasing a freaking $500 water heater this Christmas. Jealous? So, everyone cross your fingers and say a prayer that we can remove and replace the element!

Anyway- more on that saga later... Colonel Dad and I DID make major headway in the kitchen, there will be a post about that later this evening, hooray!

As for now, here is some Christmas cheer to get your week started off right! Enjoy!

I am in love with lime green for Christmas this year... I love the combination of the modern lime green with the rich dark green of the tree. Lovely!
 What a cute way to incorporate Christmas decor in a bedroom... stockings hung from the foot of the bed is a great idea... precious!
 Very traditional, but here again, I love the lime green that is seen in the apples... this keeps it traditional with a little kick of freshness!
 This is just lovely... that wreath is gorgeous. Red would have really clashed in this space- so I love that yellow is used instead...
 Here again, Christmas and NO red... I am diggin' it. This rich blue is still super festive-
 I have loved this image for a while... I adore that tree! I love the branches dripping in fake snow- it makes such a soft and frothy Christmas centerpiece... LOVE it!




 Again with the lime green! Here apples are added again, but Pears are also a great option to decorate with! Anyone else LOVE the birdhouse display? So sweet.
 Have yourself a Lucite Christmas... yes please! I love the branch hanging in the second image. I think that this branch idea could work year round. Instead of ornaments, you could hang crystals from fishing line... this would be GORGEOUS!
 My favorite part to decorate... the MANTLE! Even though there is an ENORMOUS tree in the room that is typically not there... in my opinion, the mantle is still the centerpiece of the room...
 An airy, Charlie Brown style Christmas tree done right.. Love the faux snow that the tree rests in...
 Another bed decorated for the holidays...
 More dainty, Charlie Brown style Christmas trees!
 Gold tree... Love it.
 More of my favorite color at Christmas... lime green.
 Why hang only ONE wreath when you could hang 3?? I die, I want this look on my front door! ( I also am LOVING the blue door)
 I am loving this mantle... The all white is gorgeous, and all of the little owl figurines are quirky- love this. Also, love all the stacked wood!
 Those stockings are precious. Love the tall, slender shape...
 White Christmas- I love the oversized ornament in the bookshelf, also the cone-shaped trees are fabulous.
Hope all of you abode lovers are decorating your homes lovingly... I know I am! Photos to come- Have a wonderful Monday AND keep your fingers crossed that Mr.Hubbs and I won't have to buy ourselves a new hot water heater for Christmas this year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top