I love a good dining room... the fancier, the better. Give me sparkles, give me shine... that's how I want to dine! Here are some of my favorite dining spaces- they all have a touch of glamour and style that truly speak to me. 

What kind of table do you have in your abode? Farmhouse? Round? Stone? Glass? The possibilities are endless... my dining nook table is round, marble, wood and iron. Love it! It's actually a very precious piece to me- it's my Grammy's (my great grandmother who lived into her 100th year!)- and it's as delicate and lovely as she was! This table was one of the ONLY pieces of furniture that Mr.Hubbs and I had upon moving into our lovely abode.... I don't count the mattress and big screen as pieces of furniture! ha!
As you can see, I have taken a bit of inspiration from this image... the horizontal stripes and the ceiling medallion are also seen in my abode!
I have always LOVED this dining room. The table is to DIE for... I believe it's a concrete top (which I just adore) and the intricate and rustic legs really give this table style. I would love to have a large farmhouse table in my dining room (my dining room that I do not have...) someday- and I would like to copy this table to the best of my ability!
I think the mix of stark black and white and the rustic farmhouse table really work well together in this space.
I know... wowwie-zowwie huh? Mirrors... lots of white, metallics galore... can't get much more vava-voom in one space...
 The wood planked ceiling is to die for-- the sliding barn door is fabulous as well. I also really love these rectangular chandeliers that I have been seeing everywhere! I love them over kitchen islands and bars the best. The natural wood table is organic and really fits into this space beautifully.
Driftwood Table... yes please! I love the contrast between the natural twisted wood and the bright white chandelier hanging above the table- the curving and twisted lines make them work together- and the contrast in color allow them to coexist beautifully without competing.
I love, love, love this earthy, rich and elegant kitchen. The different seating options are lovely and unique-- the space looks so inviting and cozy. The antique chandelier brings loads of elegance to the space and I just die over the wall color. Beautiful!
Traditional elegance... this style will never be "out of fashion" It's timeless, warm and packed with glamour. I especially adore the chandelier and figure drawings hanging in different metallic finishes-- what do you think of that many nudes joining you for dinner? Me... I'm fine with it... I LOVE figure drawings- there is nothing more beautiful to me!
The mirrors create a ton of depth and light in this space. I think that the chandelier keeps this space from being too sterile and modern. Also- the back of the chairs is quirky and brings a feeling of "collected charm" to the space. I love that each chair back is different. Paying attention the BACK of your dining chairs is a really fantastic idea- because as you can see here... you see the BACK of the chairs- not the front!
High gloss black table top mixed with gold traditional touches really make this space feel timeless, classic with a dose of current, modern appeal. The oversized shade light fixture really brings this space modern personality... imagine what this space would have looked like with an antique chandelier dripping with crystals?? TOTALLY DIFFERENT! Here again, is a figure drawing in a dining space.... what do you think about that? Would it be odd to have nudes hanging around while you are eating? I am curious as to what you think because I have a HUGE collection of oversized figure drawings that I did in school that I am DYING to hang in my abode... what do you think? too scandalous???
again... a little sofa/settee at a dining table.. I love this! I also love the use of mirror again- this time it's antiqued (which I love for this more modern space)- it really brings a lovely sense of timeless tradition. The fabric on the settee is lovely- it's super graphic- but in neutral tones- I think this settee could work in any space!
Fireplace in the dining area.... I mean, wow. My sister (my older Atlanta sis I call Nene) has just moved everything in her abode so that her dining room now has a fireplace... it's pretty fabulous. I love how this space again mixes modern lines (check out the cabinetry) with the ultra traditional bones of the space (the fireplace and gorgeous moldings....) The french doors also create a feeling of a grand entrance- I love this space. Perfect combination of new and timelessness!
So- How do you dine? And how do you feel about dining with the nude??? I am dying to know! Can't wait to hear your response! Have a wonderful hump day abode lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top