Sorry in advance for my very unladylike potty mouth below....
Anyone remember me pining away for this Serena & Lily glider? For MONTHS I agonized about this piece as the delivery date kept being pushed back?!? This gorgeous, custom chair is meant to live inside my nephew's Friends of the Forest nursery and it's the LAST piece of this presh puzzle. So, why the melodramatic title? Well... read and see my fellow abode lovers. Read. And. See.


ring, ring, ring... (in the Twilight "Bella's Lullaby" ringtone because I am not ashamed of my love for the saga)


me: Are you almost here? I am SO ready to go to Atlanta to drop off that gorgeous chair! Where the heck are you? And did you get the chair okay?


Mister Husband: Well... I just got back on the interstate. 


me: BACK on the interstate? You're supposed to BE here NOW.


Mister Husband: The chair flew out of the damn truck. 


me: Seriously Hubbs, when will you be here? (exasperated at his stupid joke)


Mister Husband: I'm serious. The damn thing flew out of the truck on I-65 and three cars swerved out of the way to miss it. 


me: WHAT!!!????!!!! Are you lying to me? This is SO not funny... (coming to the realization that he's fo-real)


Mister Husband: I think it's okay- and nobody got in a wreck... A guy stopped and helped me hoist it back into the truck. The box that the chair was in kind of fell apart, but I think it's okay structurally... I'm a little worried about asphalt scuff marks being on the chair, but I don't think it's broken. 


me: WHAT!!!????!!!!! Asphalt scuff marks?!? F this. I have been waiting on that chair for MONTHS! (in comes another alarming moment of realization) Wait... weren't BOTH of the dogs in the back of the truck WITH that big ass glider!?!??!


Mister Husband: Yeah, they're fine. It just went right over their heads. I was on the phone and saw the box clearing the tailgate-- which was when I stopped. 


me: are you SURE Lady didn't get SQUISHED BY IT?!?! She could have internal injuries! 


Mister Husband: You're ridiculous. While that guy was helping me lift that thing back into the truck, King was licking his face, I mean, all over his face the whole time he was helping. The guy was defenseless.... it was pretty funny.


me: This chair has been a disaster since I placed the order, and it's still ruining my life. 


Mister Husband: ... don't blog about this okay?


me: I won't. (fat chance Mister Hubbs.... fat chance.)


Yep, That's right abode lovers. The damn thing flew out of the truck. And Mister Husband was right, it was fine (except for one little road scuff). On the back of the chair, there's about 2 inches of piping that's frayed. I think my supermom can fix it, but it doesn't show, so we're not too worried about it. When I called my sister to tell her that her custom glider had a make-out session with the asphalt on I-65 all she could do was laugh... a lot. She was sleep deprived, which probably helped in that she didn't have the energy to freak out or get upset.

Mister Husband and I showed up a few hours later to Atlanta and got out to find King and Lady (our huge yellow lab and cocker spaniel) had squeezed through the plastic wrapping still partially covering the glider and had made a fort out of this once perfect, now scuffed up Serena & Lily glider all the way to Atlanta. So now, not only was it scuffed up, but it was covered in hair and dog slobber.

Anyone want Mr.Hubbs and myself to deliver anything to you? I'm thinking not.
In Mister Hubbs' defense: It wasn't his fault. It was a total freak accident. He has hauled COUNTLESS pieces of furniture and hasn't EVER skipped a beat. 


Anyway, we finally got to ATL and it fit just fine through the door (I was worried about that as well!) And we LLLOOOVVVEEEE it! Look how sweet it is in the space!


Isn't the little side table sweet? It will be perfect for resting items while rocking like bottles, phones, burp cloths or books for when the little tike is older.


That sweet bla bla fox owns me... how cute is he!?! The large diamond pattern on the glider is a lovely contrast to the tight patterns in the other fabrics used in the room. 




And this, abode lovers, is the damage that was created by the glider flying out of the truck onto the interstate... the damage is only about 2 inches long, and I am confident that it can be fixed. (although I think Nene, Raleigh's mommy, will just leave it alone!) I am SO thankful that nobody was hurt- I know it must have been a scary situation! I am also thankful that this beauty didn't burst into a million pieces on I-65, hallelujah!


Don't forget! The Roomspiration Linky party will be kicking off FIRST THING Monday morning with Abode Love featuring entryways. Get your photos and blog posts ready to share!


Have an AMAZING weekend abode lovers! The Friends of the Forest Nursery is COMPLETE! Wahooo!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top