Today is the day to share your livingroom, hooray! SO stop by View Along the Way and link up! I am sharing my living room and linking up today in honor of the Roomspiration blog hop & link party. 

                


As some of you may know from previous posts, when Mister Husband and myself moved into our abode we had NO furniture. We had a mattress on the floor, one dresser, a tv and a kitchen table with no chairs. I purposely didn't borrow skank hand-me-down furniture because I really wanted to take my time and pick every piece with purpose. The color scheme for my living room came from a pillow from Target (it doesn't even live in this room anymore, but that's what inspired me!) It was gray and yellow and has been all over the blog world! I then ran across this pale yellow rug from Pottery Barn and I knew that gray and yellow would be my color scheme! The first piece we got for this room was the mirrored Hooker coffee table. I scored it for a few hundred dollars at a furniture closeout place in Birmingham, AL. I am still adding accessories and changing things up here and there, but I've been super pleased with my progress!


The piece that lies behind the chairs is built from reclaimed wood and an old glass paned door. The swan is a prized possession of mine, my Grandpa hand carved it and painted it as a wedding gift for me, isn't it gorgeous!? The swan was so fitting for the occasion. This is one PRECIOUS wedding gift that I will treasure for the rest of my life. The chairs are my most recent purchase in the living room, they're from Restoration Hardware and I LOVE them. I feel like their classic lines will allow me to hang on to these babies forever!


a few living room deets....



Here is a better look at the swan my Grandpa carved for me.


These two little finds are from TJ Maxx... I love this dried coral- it brings in the yellow that is repeated throughout the space, and the cement horse head was a super special find, I love it.


This little table was on clearance at Pier 1 a few years back for $39- it's a knock off... I just saw an identical piece in JLo's home (I don't think she snagged it from Pier 1!) Lucky me! (Sidenote: I also snagged that twisty wood from Homegoods!)


I snatched up this convex mirror from a local antique store in Birmingham for around $30 and I painted the white and gray accents.


I am a lover of Anthropologie lampshades and pillows... can you tell?


There's nothing like a great pillow to bring color and life into a space!


I filled this candelabra from Anthropologie with tangerine, pale yellow and tones of gray candles from At Home in Homewood, AL.  I love the pop of color that it gives to a corner of the room that wouldn't normally be of interest. I also am still loving the oversized shell trend.... I don't think this look will be going out of style anytime soon!


I love the undulating lines of this piece and the softness that it brings to the space.



Here are a few close ups of my rustic Summer Classics Gabby china cabinet. The american flag that you see on the top shelf was a gift from Colonel Dad a few Christmases ago. He made the display case and this particular flag flew with him in Operation Iraqi Freedom in 2003. It's a piece that is very dear to my heart.



The Lladro piece in the photo below was used as our wedding cake topper... (another wedding reference, it's wedding month! have I mentioned that?) The champagne flutes behind the bride and groom were given to us by my mom the night we got engaged! They're Vera Wang for Wedgwood. The artwork behind both images were pieces that I painted my freshman year at Auburn University. 


more wedding gifts that I love...



I know, I know... that was a LOT of photos. In my defense: look where I started! AHHH! These skank shutter things were left at our abode from the previous owners. My Supermom snapped this photo of Mister Hubbs, me and Lady before I started painting the living room. This was right when we moved in... we didn't even have King (our lab) yet!


The yellow and gray pillows are what inspired me for this room. The leather slipper chairs that are what I had purchased before the Restoration Hardware chairs, they didn't work as well in the space once I had gotten the rug, drapes and sofa so I replaced them! Also notice the pale gray walls... that was my first coat of paint-- It wasn't warm enough for my taste so I repainted! 


Ugh... check out that skank hole in the wall for the tv! (I thought the hole was better than those shutters) Hooray for Colonel Dad and Mister Hubbs closing that sucker up!


I hope you've enjoyed my living room, now stop by View Along the Way and link up your living room! Have an awesome day abode lovers!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top