Hello abode lovers! It's FRIDAY! Wahoo! I hope all of you have had a fabulous week- mine has been jam-packed busy. I am in need of some serious veg-out time! Anyway, today we are linking up with Involving Color- so go visit, check out all of the dining spaces and link up!


I am sharing my dining room today in honor of the partay--- I always knew that I LOVED having an eat-in kitchen. With that said, we don't have formal dining room and I really wanted to bring some glamour to our eating area. There's NO reason that small abode's can't have serious glamour punched into small spaces! I was determined to rock out some serious sparkle in my little nook. Since I was working with a small space and wanted major impact, I knew that mirrors would be key in my space. Check out this earlier post I did about mirrors on the wall... you can see where I pulled my inspiration from easily!



(before) 
See how much smaller the space felt before??? And where oh where is the glamour? 


Mister Husband was in charge of getting this wall together... he hired a glass guy, and had one of his good friends come over to do all of the woodwork! (We gave Colonel Dad a break after finishing the kitchen!) Mr. Hubbs' friend Britt did a GREAT job! 
(Below is Mister Husband hanging the Wisteria mirror!)


Lady sniffing the new present! (and yes- that's King's waggin' tail...) 


 And a little kiss before the big reveal!


Gorgeous, right? It's from Wisteria- and I couldn't be happier with my purchase. When I planned for this wall of mirrors, I really wanted to be able to hang artwork or mirrors on the wall- so, framing it in was my best option! 


detail shot of the lovely carving


I thought about doing the pattern in squares, but I really love the center mirrors being large- I feel like it opens up the space more that if it were divided. I love that this little, dark nook has turned into a shiny, glittering space! The chandelier's reflection adds even more light and sparkle to the space-- it feels MUCH larger now- don't you love that a mirror can give you extra faux square footage? I do!


 The mirror in the center also breaks up all the vertical lines with something that feels much more organic and natural. 



 This image really shows off the metallic ceiling that I painted almost 2 years ago!


I hope all of you enjoyed my little dining nook, have a great Friday and an awesome weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top