Hello abode lovers! I hope all of you had a super relaxing long weekend- I know I did. I got some major lovin' from my two little nephews and some much needed rest on my day off! I just wanted to share my latest e-design project that I finished up last week, it was so fun! My challenge was to find interesting chairs for Valerie, a lovely lady I know through Auburn connections-- she has great style so I knew it would be fun! Valerie already purchased this gorgeous Pottery Barn farmhouse table called the Benchwright, and my job was to bring some fun and fabulousness to her dining room through a few key pieces. 

Here were Valerie's options:

The first 3 options are the same combination of chairs with a different area rug resting beneath the table. I love these white tufted side chairs. They were a great find at High Tech Seating at $262.99 for a pair! You can't beat that. The Emperor Armchairs are from Layla Grace and I love how much strength and geometric contrast they bring to this set. They're a lovely contrast to the creamy tufted side chairs. The rug was a simple and warm find from Overstock.com and adds a lovely pattern to break up all of the solids in the space.



Good gosh I love this rug it's called the Gloria's Garden Rug... it's my fave at Anthropologie and I have been lusting over it for months. I am living vicariously through my client on this one, if Val loved this rug, I would feel like it was mine somehow. I know, I'm weird... but I am desperate for someone to love and cherish this beauty as much as I do. I feel like it can go with ANY color under the sun and it can bring life and young excitement to any space.

This option is a lovely and rustic look. I love how glamorous it all feels together. I love what this cowhide from IOMetro can do for a very rectangular shaped table and chairs. I love how the organic lines add softness to this brown, black and white set.
Here is the second set of chairs to choose from:
I adore these Pheasant Host Chairs from Horchow. They are incredible. They would add so much drama to a dining area. I kept the cowhide rug for this look to contrast the very finished and feminine wingbacks. The gray/brown Clarissa side chairs are a soft silhouette that work nicely with the style of the wingback chairs, they have a high enough back so that they aren't dwarfed by the size of the host chairs. The scalloped edge and turned legs really make these chairs a beautiful addition to any dining table. Here again I am using the cowhide from IOMetro, I love the color palette and pattern paired with this chair combination.
Here is the third set of chairs to choose from:
I love these Macau Dining chairs from Ballard Designs- they are SO gorgeous. This look of fine rattan mixes beautifully with the more traditional shape of the Turquoise Clarissa side chairs from Anthropologie. I used the patterned Overstock rug again and love the warmth that it adds to this set.


Here is the fourth and final option- and the winner for Valerie's lovely abode! This option includes The Emperor Armchairs are from Layla Grace, the gray/brown Clarissa side chairs from Anthropologie and the Gloria's Garden Rug also from Anthropologie. I think Valerie picked the best combination-- I love the formality in the chairs and all of the fun and whimsy that will be seen in the rug. A statement piece like this rug is a great way to establish a color scheme for the space. I can't wait to see this room come together!



I hope all of you abode lovers have an amazing Wednesday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top