Hello abode lovers! I know, long time no see. I have been having an amazing summer and have enjoyed my little blogging hiatus but am super pumped to be back in the blogosphere. So, where have I been? you ask. I have been hanging around the abode and relaxing and I also traveled up to the Upper Penninsula of Michigan with Mister Husband to visit my grandparents and tons of family on Island No. 8 for a WEEK! It was amazing. It's the longest I've been AWAY from work since our honeymoon over 3 years ago. It was such a great trip-- the break from the sweltering southern heat was so refreshing and the time with family was a wonderful way to recharge and make memories from a picturesque place that I grew up knowing and loving.

As Mister Husband and I flew away, we flew right by the beautiful islands of the U.P. and spotted Island No. 8! Mr. Hubbs bragged for a long time bit about his amazing sense of direction and lay of the land... that was a long plane ride. 


While we were there, we experienced temperatures like this in the hottest part of the day. I mean, someone pinch me. That's about 30 degrees cooler than what we had been experiencing down in ole Alabammer. Talk about a breath of fresh air...


Because of the amazing weather and the amount of family that went up to the U.P. visiting my lovely grandparents, Mister Hubbs and I opted to sleep in a tent for the entire week. Lots of family members and friends joked about how I would never hold up-- like I had too much Britney Spears in me to pull off sleeping in the wilderness (outside my grandparents house) but people, let me tell you-- it was amazing. We had a blow up mattress that must have been made in heaven and a tent that fit it perfectly. With temperatures in the mid 60's, we were loving our outdoor bedroom. There was one night that we heard animals scurrying around outside our tent-- Mister Hubbs told me not to wake him up anymore when I heard something, but I couldn't help it. It was slightly unnerving, but I survived and will do it again! This gal is a camper my dear abode lovers! 


(this was my view) 


This is us the first night... ready for bed time!


During the day, I did some a lot of this. (Those are all my little boy cousins hanging around the water with Mister Hubbs)


I couldn't quit staring at this view...


Would you look at that crystal clear water!!! I mean, amazing. It was super cold, but nice and refreshing on your feet after a walk. 


Instead of staring at the water and splashing a bit, Mister Husband opted for the more extreme sports on our vacation. Good ole General Dad and SuperMom hauled up the ski boat from Alabama to take the kids and my husband out for rides. Here is a little snapshot of Mister Husband looking rather dashing... Love this guy.


Look at that... he's not just eye candy ladies,  he can do this too!


We both drove out to the big water together to check out Lake Huron... that's some big water. 



I tried out my sisters paddle board in the shallow water-- I didn't go far, but it was fun!


Here are my amazing grandparents, I can't believe that they host this much family every summer!


Mister Husband was showing off on the trampoline and this happened... so, we spent some time repairing the net. Marriage building moment. 


Here's General Dad and SuperMom hanging with Mister Husband and one of their two grand babies. 


This is my baby sister, whom I like to refer to as Cheerioh (notice her shirt)-- we love hanging with our sweet nephew Preston... 


...and here I am teaching nephew #2, Raleigh, new tricks. Sticking out your tongue for pictures is one of those life lessons that I was more than happy to share with this sweet baby.


More of this... 


Here's General Dad with Baby Preston doing their daily workout.... 


One of the nights we were there, SuperMom cooked a Thanksgiving feast for over 30 people... which is reason #4352 that her official name is SuperMom. 


This was our last day, all packed up and ready to leave standing outside of our little, green abode. 



Almost my whole family... almost. (we were missing a very important college sister that was in class while we were enjoying the U.P.!)


So, that was my little vacation away-- I am so happy to be back to my blog and am ready to share new and fun projects and my latest interior obsessions!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top