Hello abode lovers! I'm not sure if you remember my dear friends and clients Landon & Kelli Burton, but they're expanding they're precious family and I am lucky enough to get to plan the nursery! They just found out that they're having a baby girl so we got together and talked nursery and THIS is the plan!


After talking with Kelli, she really wanted a light, bright space that had a lot of neutrals-- she wanted to be able to recycle some of the larger, more expensive purchases for the next baby whether it be a girl OR boy. So- the plan was to use all neutrals for the dresser, chest, crib, rocker and ottoman. With our base of neutrals set, and the large pieces picked out, I still wanted the space to be girly by weaving in a touch of pattern to bring a playfulness to the nursery. That, my friends, is how we landed on using this GORGEOUS wallpaper from Anthropologie. I've been obsessed with it for quite some time, and this seemed like the PERFECT place to use it! It's soft and has a lot of texture in the watercolor pattern, which I adore. We also love that mint and peach can be pulled out of this pattern to establish a color story for the space...


Even though we both DIE over this wallpaper, I didn't want the room to feel too closed in and stuffed with pattern. Also, let's face it, this wallpaper is EXPENSIVE, so we decided to do board and batten 3/4 up the walls around the room like this:


The wallpaper will be placed above the board and batten for just a bit of color and pattern.... as for the actual board and batten-- we decided to do something kind of fun: PAINT IT A CREAMY MINT COLOR in HIGH GLOSS! I cannot WAIT... I think these walls are going to sing. 

The rug and drapes were another place that I wanted to bring in pattern. The vertical stripes on the drapes will make the room feel much larger and will block out the light for sweet baby Burton to go to sleep. We were lucky enough to find these babies on Overstock (my favorite place to by drapes!) They're a GREAT price, fully lined, weighted and the material is really beautiful. 


The rug is just fabulous and the colors were perfect for the space! I would love to have this rug in any room of my abode... isn't the color combination amazing?!? 


There are a lot of sweet things that we want to fit into the plan for the nursery, but this is maybe my favorite piece in the entire room. I want one. I mean, bad. I plan for this to sit next to the rocker to have a place to set a phone, drink or book while rocking the baby. Isn't it amazing? I'm just trying to think of somewhere in my abode where this little swan would make sense!?! For all sources, check out my Pinterest board here.


So, what do you think? I love it and I think Kelli and Landon are super pumped to get this space going, I can't WAIT to see it all come together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top