Hello abode lovers and happy Monday! I know it's early, and I know that we're all sad that the weekend is over, but look on the bright side... we are one step closer to fall tv shows (and football of course) but mostly, I am excited to get back into my beloved shows. Anyway, this weekend, I spent much of my time in the corner of my living room wishing that I had purchased an easel a long time ago.

Yes. I am insane. I nailed my canvas to the wall as well as a trash bag... and started painting smack dab next to my white Restoration Hardware chair that I just now paid off in full. I mean, I know. I'm stupid, I realize that-- but I wanted to be close enough to a tv so that I could at least listen to movies.... I work best that way and blame my artist SuperMom for that 100%. She too works best with a tv going in the background with an occasional glance up at what's going on. I guess a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, and I vowed last week that I would paint come hell or high water... booyah.


I can't wait to share all of the paintings I've been cranking out lately, but I need a bit of time to settle back into working with paint before I show the blogosphere what exactly I have been up to....

Anyway, now on to some pretty things.... going along with the theme of painting right now, I wanted to share some of my favorite spaces that spotlight beautiful artwork. 

I'm not sure if those walls are faux finished or if that's grass cloth paper, but it's a gorgeous backdrop for some bright, modern, abstract art. The scale is pretty incredible in this space and the use of white furniture really allows this piece of art to kill it. 


I mean, is this MORE gray grasscloth??? I am really digging this look. Again, in this little area, the painting (to me) is stealing the show, and rightfully so. I LOVE this watery, low contrast color palette. I think I need a painting with ships sailing away.... what a lovely sight.



Wowza, love this. There's nothing like traditional, gorgeous furnishings and chandys dripping with crystals to set up a great place for unexpected, abstract art. I love a good diptych (two paintings meant to be hung close to each other) it creates such a dramatic unit and I simply adore it!


This is good ole Emily Henderson's doing... she's one talented mofo when it comes to styling. In my daydreams, she's also one of my BFFs, along with Britney Spears. I mean, who sees a head like that and thinks, "I'm going to rock that out on my mantle" -- she does. I am also pretty much obsessed with that doggie's profile painting. It looks much like my little cocker spaniel Lady, and I think I need that painting-- or one just like it. And don't you just love the juxtaposition of the super old looking, classic ostrich painting and the more modern pup? Love it. You go Emily, you go. 


 This is a great space- I love the huge, brightly colored artwork. All of the white makes this feel like a gallery and I just love it. I would probably destroy this space. One chocolate cupcake, and this beautiful corner would be destroyed. 


Anyone surprised that I am featuring yet ANOTHER doggie painting? This little guy would fit right in with King and Lady at our abode. I love that he is so darn happy, he's got his tongue hanging out like a champ and has been painted in such a way that he looks completely normal hanging above the mantle. I feel like I need portraits of my dogs asap. 


Well, that's all for now abode lovers! I hope all of you have a fabulous and super productive Monday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top