DING! DING! DING! DING! You were right Launa @ A Place and a Space! I finally ordered the Glorias Garden rug from Anthropologie! I loved the guessing game... that was fun :) I'm going to share more photos a bit later, the abode is a MESS and it needs a good cleaning before I take new photos-- so hang in there abode lovers, more pics to come!
When I finally decided I was going to order this big ole rug-- I decided that I would wait until June (my birthday month) because you get a 15% discount on your purchase that month! I needed as big of a discount as I could get, this rug is more than a splurge-- it's just plain ridiculous. As Mister Husband says, you can't talk sense to crazy, so I ordered it regardless of that fact that we already have a beautiful rug in our living room. When I went to order the rug, my size was gone. It was the saddest day ever. It was JUST there the day before and I was having a really hard time coping. 


Miraculously, a week into July, the rug came back-- on backorder of course, but it was BACK! So, I called Anthro and told them my sad story and that I still really needed to use my birthday discount even though it was no longer June.... and they did it! I got my 15% off! 2 LONG months later of the backorder date being pushed back several times, it arrived.... 


Here is a post that I did almost 2 years ago about the round version of this rug... hilarious! THAT is how obsessed I've been with this rug....

Here is a post about Valerie's dining room where I used the Glorias Garden rug and she has loved hers for a year now! 


Now that you can tell that I was seriously into this rug... here it is in MY living room!

Obviously you can't tell how it really looks in my space without seeing the whole thing, but I'm going to be honest-- I ADORE the rug, I'm just not sure if it works in my living room. The jury's still out and I'm hoping that all of you will give me some honest opinions....

I love that it adds more color and life to the space, but is it too dark??


This is the Pottery Barn rug that used to live there... 


Thoughts? As I said before, I promise to share more photos in a bit, but does anyone have any reactions right away??? Thanks for the input abode lovers.... I've been so obsessed with this rug for SO long that I'm not sure I can be objective. Have a great Thursday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top