Hello abode lovers and happy Monday! I hope all of you had a great weekend, I definitely did. It was full of loving on my nephews, hanging out with Mister Husband and attempting to decorate the abode for Christmas. Yes, I said attempting. Why? Because my stupid, fake Christmas tree that is pre-lit didn't friggin' work. I took that big ole thing out of the box, scratched up my arms like I was fighting with a pissed off kitten and plugged it in only to find that my tree is tired of Christmas. What the heck!?! My tree officially stole the Christmas right out of my abode. So, what did I do? I started placing all of my Christmas doo-dads all over the house and may just have to be okay with that. Sad, right? No tree? I just can't go out and get a new fake tree, they're way too expensive, and honestly- I think it's a bit too late for me to scrounge around and pick out a real one! We're trying to stay as budget friendly as possible this Christmas and a new tree just isn't in the budget! Am I terrible? please say no....


Here's a sneak peek into my abode... no Christmas tree and all...

See, here's ceramic Lady, toting around her succulents as usual but standing on top of a Holiday Entertaining book as well as her usual Design*Sponge at Home and In Style Weddings. Also, notice the stockings hung with care back there... and there are lights and greenery on the mantle. Doesn't that count for something?!?


And here's my super sweet cement nativity set. I adore this little set! 


wreaths, wreaths! 


Christmas cheer has poured into my display bowl on my kitchen table. See all those glittery things? I was born with a bit of glitter in my veins...  


So, what do you guys think? Is it possible to have a sufficient Christmas without a tree? We will be at my parents house this Christmas, so it's not like we will be storing presents under our tree... or missing out on the Christmas tree experience- but leading up to the big day- Mr.Hubbs and I won't be enjoying a tree around the abode :( Maybe after Christmas I could snag a GREAT deal on a fake Christmas tree?!? Just a thought....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top