Hello again abode lovers! I have been a follower of Stephanie's for a while, her blog, Sabbespot: sabbe interior design, is fantastic and she always posts lovely things! Well, today, she's outdone herself. Stephanie has caught my attention in a huge way with these lovely re-upholstered wingback chairs that she did HERSELF! Check out this before & after... you'll die.


Stephanie snagged a pair of these crazy looking wingbacks for $35 a la craig's list. 


Man, did she ever have a vision... these guys had definitely seen better days! Stephanie knew that she wanted to use them as dining chairs, so she glued (with wood glue) little stilt blocks onto the bottom-- best part, it actually WORKED! 


the poor thing injured herself a few times throughout the process... bless 'er heart. 

 

Stephanie said that these chairs were more labor than giving birth to her first child.... bahaha... I couldn't help but bust out laughing at that. Those chairs look hardcore and it doesn't surprise me at all to find out how difficult and time consuming the process had been... 


Here's what Stephanie said about the style of these babies in her abode : 
"Our apartment is very corporate housing-esk. So I wanted to use a crazy, bold pattern to liven it up. Being a first upholstery attempt, I also wanted to use the cheapest fabric possible. I have about a 60% project success rate and I did not have high hopes for this one. I found this outdoor fabric for $35/chair. We have already spilled spaghetti sauce on it, which cleaned up nicely. And surprising everyone, especially myself, I finished the chairs." 

Who would have thought?!? Outdoor fabric in the dining room... this girl is smart. It allows someone with a normal and sometimes messy life to have upholstered pieces in the dining area!


Steph, you're good. Look at that pleating and piping!


Great job Stephanie!


Thanks to Stephanie for allowing me to share your amazing before and after with all of the abode lovers out there! If you don't follow Sabbespot, go check it out! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top