Happy Friday abode lovers! I couldn't be more happy that it's finally Friday, it's been a long week! Anyway, I thought I would share with you my latest project here in Birmingham, Alabama. I picked up a client through my e-design services and it's be SO fun! It's a great, young local family that was in need of a living room makeover- we decided to start from scratch, which is always SUPER fun! We needed the space to be family friendly, comfortable and packed full of seating for entertaining. 

Here are the options that I presented.... which one do you like best??? HERE are all of the sources for each piece in all space options.

The top portion of each design board is one side of the room, and the bottom portion is the other side of the room. The chandelier is just stuck in there, but it would be centered in the space. I love the first option because I really love the winged/skirted chair from Ballard Designs there in the corner. I really love the pattern and think it's young and fresh, perfect for a young family! I also really love the area rug in this space, it's actually Flor tiles, if you don't know about these already, it's definitely worth checking out. They are individual squares that you stick together, perfect for kids- but the pattern is modern and very adult. I LOVE Flor tiles

The bottom portion of this plan includes slipper chairs from World Market in a deep, blue velvet. These chairs are pretty, petite and bring a rich feel to the space.


This option includes a freaking awesome chair from West Elm (sorry, there's just no other way to say that) Anyhow, it's called the Everett Kantha Chair and I'm just crazy about it. It's the classic West Elm Everett chair covered in limited edition handmade quilts from Jaipur, India. I have added a few detail shots of this gorgeous chair below. The rug in this plan is from West Elm and it's called the Marquis, it's much lighter, but still has enough pattern and difference in color to work well for a family with kids and a big, lovable lab.

On the other side of the room, I added mushroom silk drapes from Overstock to flank the fireplace. I love the contrast from the gray walls, I think it makes for an interesting and warm combination. I then added two wingbacks from Ballard Designs covered in an ikat pattern to add some interest to the other side of the space.


Here are a few details shots of that beautiful Everett Kantha chair....


Isn't this chair gorgeous??? I would really love to have one of these little treasures in my abode! Thank God for clients with great taste, I can live vicariously through their amazing furniture!


And the last look is the two options above melded together... Some of my favorite things about these spaces are the incredible lighting. The two lamps seen flanking the sofa are from the Nate Berkus collection on HSN.  They're rose gold and have the most beautiful navy shades. These little guys bring so much warmth and glamour to the space! I also really love the artwork. It's super budget friendly! The white frames are from Wal Mart and the bird illustrations are from an Anthropologie calendar


Isn't this lamp just GORGEOUS?!? And what about this sweet, little reading lamp from Pottery Barn? I think it's so special. I love the small, glass shade and how dainty the whole piece is. Any reason to use an edison bulb, right?


I'm happy with all of the options, and my clients went with the second option with the light, geometric area rug. I cannot WAIT to see it all come together! Here again is a link to my pinterest board with sources for each piece that you see above as well as a few extra pieces that I'm adding to the mix! I would love to hear all of your thoughts and to see which space all of you like best. Have a great Friday abode lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top