Hello blog world.... so, I've been MIA, I know. I have been in Atlanta, visiting my sister and her sweet baby. But I am back now- and ready to talk some seriously awesome design.

Anyone watch Secrets Of A Stylist Sunday night on HGTV? If you didn't, you truly missed out. Emily is adorable, smart and an amazing designer/stylist. I mean, she is my new favorite thing! I can't wait until she has an entire season of this brilliance! Here is what you missed...

Here is Emily with her friend, Ian Brennan who is the creator of Glee!
This is the guy who is getting a home makeover!
this is the outside of Ian's 1924 L.A. Bungalow
 here is the living space before...
Emily decided through a series of "quizzes" that Ian's style incorporates 3 distinct styles.... they are historical traditional, 60's mod, and world traveler. See how Emily layers the styles to create Ian's personal style throughout his entire abode!



Now- another thing I love about Emily... while filming, and gushing about these light fixtures... Emily witnessed her carpenter shatter the matching sconce. She freaked for one second, and then said, "it'll be fins, it's a sconce, not a baby!" loved that moment.
Here is an odd room that Emily infused with Ian's new personal style...

I love that this room is slightly more feminine, which is great for a guest room. 
I would love, love to stay cooped up in this little bed... seems so precious and cozy!

and here is Ian's master bedroom
I love how Emily uses these "goose-neck" vintage office lamps as sconces... they don't even match- which is, of course, the brilliance of it!



and his new office turned entertainment space...
Here are those makeshift sconces again- they were less alike then she wanted, so she sprayed them black to create a more cohesive look.
more cowhide!
I pretty much adore the style of this abode... it's got Ian's style infused from floor to ceiling. It's also a lot of fun to learn more about how to professionally style your space. I would encourage everyone to follow this one... Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top