Hello abode lovers and happy Monday! I hope all of you had a great weekend. I for one, had one of the best and most memorable weekends of my entire life. "Why?" you ask? Well, because my Colonel Dad became Brigadier General Dad this weekend. Just about my entire family came down to Alabama to support my Dad this weekend and I cannot express in words how amazing the entire experience was. I typically don't share too much about personal family stuff... but this is just too amazing not to share with all of you!

General Dad took his final flight in the KC-135 aerial refueler Friday afternoon and everyone came out to watch him land. As soon as he came down the ladder, my Super Mom and little brother (backed up by all of my sisters) hosed him down with a high powered water hose thanks to the firetruck that was parked on the flight line. This tradition was so fun to be a part of!


I'm thinking that you have to get hosed down with freezing water so that you don't cry! After flying for over 30 years, this moment was bittersweet for the General. 


My baby brother is at the front end of the hose with my mom-- I'm next in line! We got him good!


General Dad with his Colonel Dad. My Grandpa is a retired rescue chopper pilot. Great, brave men run in the family. 


My General Dad with his mom and dad. 


Mister Husband and I hopped up into the cockpit to snap a quick picture. I bet my General Dad is going to miss the view sitting in that pilot's seat!


The official ceremony took place Saturday morning. The weather was outstanding-- the wind was a bit out of control... but it made for beautiful photos! Ashley Warren is the brilliant photographer behind these beautiful shots, thanks Ashley! 


General Dad's the third one in line...




I'm pretty sure my General Dad is the most handsome man in uniform of all time...




Super Mom went up to the stage to pin on General Dad's stars! Isn't she just BEAUTIFUL!?!



This is by far my favorite photo of the day. It captures the love and support between my parents- they inspire me every day!







My dad is an amazing speaker- at one point, he stopped his speech so that we could all admire the P-51 mustang flying over the ceremony. I LOVED that moment!



This was right after the ceremony! We were all telling my Super Mom goodbye... she had to run off as soon as the ceremony was over to do her testing to earn her BLACK BELT in Tae Kwon Do! Isn't that amazing?!? If anyone ever wonders why I call her Super Mom-- that one fact should be enough! 


That's me in the polka-dots chatting with my sisters and aunts. Great day!


I cannot express how proud I am of my General Dad and of my kick-a black belt Super Mom. They never cease to amaze me! I couldn't be more proud to be in a military family and couldn't be more proud to call Brigadier General Steven James Berryhill my dad. He deserves this honor more than any man I have ever known and has served his country unselfishly and bravely for over 30 years. I have been blessed beyond words to be raised by such inspiring individuals! Thanks abode lovers for allowing me to share such a special day with all of you! I hope you guys have a great Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top