Hello abode lovers and happy FRIDAY! I thought this week would never end, but here it is, in all it's glory. Good 'ole Friday. 

As I mentioned a few days ago, I haven't been sharing as many photos of updates around the abode as I would like-- but I am doing my best to start taking photos to share with all of you! Today I want to share the new plant life that's actually living in the abode. I have mostly just killed every plant that ended up in my care, but I am trying REALLY hard to turn over a new leaf. New leaf... get it? You can see how far I've come based off of this blog post from February 2011. I posted online (for all of the interwebs to see) that I went outside, picked weeds out of my own yard, placed them in my new lady vase, took photos, and then posted them on abodelove.com thinking I had really created a sweet vignette. Wow. 


One of my readers let me know that the yellow "flowers" I picked from my yard were actually a weed that I needed to take care of before they took over. Can you imagine how I felt reading that little nugget of information?!? What an idiot I can be... 


I mean, not that I've come that far since then, but I have managed to keep this beauty alive since valentines day. Mister Hubbs thought (very sweetly and optimistically) that I would be able to keep this orchid alive for a bit.... Well, surprise, surprise, I've not only kept it alive, it's FLOURISHED with my love and care. It's the closest thing to a love fern that I've got, and I'll be damned if it dies...


I then went out on a limb (limb... get it?) and purchased a large leafed little guy last week to add a bit more plant life to the abode. I love him. I have no idea what he is, but I know that I like him.


Aren't they sweet together? 


The orchid came in a little plastic cup-- so I went out and purchased this Aged Herb Pot from Anthropologie that was only $8-- NOT ON SALE! Amazing right?! Who knew anything in that heaven store was under $10!?! When I went to check out, the lady at the front asked what I was planting inside the pot and I told her about my orchid. Well, if you can even believe this, she grew orchids as a hobby. I decided to ask her the best way NOT to kill it. She told be to place 2-3 ice cubes in the pot every other day and place it near the sun. Apparently, people often over water these pretty little guys and kill them. Too much love I guess. Anyway, the ice cubes allow just the right amount of water to be absorbed in the soil. Cool huh?


I love the yellow tone of my sweet little pot above, but I have my eye on her handsome big brother, Ivory Epoch Pot.... He's a looker. I think I would love for him to hold a big 'ole succulent just like the photo below. He's $16, but well worth it in my opinion!


Anyone have any idea for great indoor plants that I could try planting in this pretty pot? Preferably something that doesn't HAVE to sit by a window to stay alive? I would love to hear what all of you have had luck with! I hope all of you abode lovers have an amazing Friday! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top