Hello abode lovers and Happy Monday! I hope all of you mothers out there had a great weekend. I know it's been a while since my last post (eek!) BUT I have something super fun to share with all of you today! I just finished up a precious room for an 8 year old named Kara here in Birmingham. I wanted to share the design boards with all of you because I just love the space so much! Kara is a sweet and sassy little thing, her only requests for the new space were #1 for her room to be painted a shade of blue and #2 to have a desk! Check out my plan for her space:


Here is a view of one wall in the room: 


Here is the opposite wall, we have many options as far as the two sliding doors are concerned, this is just one option to give an example of how the doors can function.  


Here are some of my favorite pieces for Kara's room (why can't all clients be as fun as an 8 year old?) 

First of all, this is the color that I decided upon. It's Benjamin Moore Glass Slipper and it's simply charming. It's a sweet, soothing color that's not too blue-- it is a great color for Kara. 



Restoration Hardware Baby & Child Candelabra lamp for the desk. I LOVE the glitz and glam that this little stunner brings to the space! You'll also notice all of the creamy tones that I've added to the space to soften the modern, white lacquer pieces in the space.


Alvarie Pillow via Anthropologie. Love this pillow, it brings in a lot of color while not feeling too juvenile. 


These precious prints via etsy are whimsical and young-- I have chosen a West Elm frame that has a rustic feeling silver toned frame with a brown linen mat surround. I really love the look of this set!




This is the first piece that I spotted for Kara's room. This Overdyed Terai Turquoise chair via Anthropologie is PERFECT for her desk! I love the pattern and I knew that my wee client would just love the color combination. 


Another goodie from Anthropologie that grounds the room in a perfectly girlie way is this gorgeous Floral Fresco Rug-- Isn't it just perfect?!? Here again, I love the creamy tones that help to soften the hard edges of some of the white lacquer pieces of furniture in the space. 


Now for the bed and bedding... Kara's room is often used as a guest bedroom so we wanted to go with something that wasn't too over the top girlie. We also wanted something that she could grow with. I think I found the answer! 

This Restoration Hardware Belgian Shelter Slipcovered bed is grand in scale and has simple, clean lines that work really well for this space. The fog gray color that we chose as the slipcover adds a nice masculine touch to all of the girlie details that live within this space. 


I chose a fun and quirky polka dot sheet set from PBteen to add a touch of silliness to this serious bed-- I love the hot pink and aqua for Kara.


And this, my dear abode lovers, is the fabulous duvet cover and shams that I chose for Kara. I LOVE the organic, frothy feel of this classic from Pottery Barn. Again, I love the mix of cream and white in this space, it creates such a light yet rich feeling in the bedroom. (I know that doesn't seem to make much sense, but hey, give me a break, it's Monday after all!)


For all of the sources for Kara's bedroom go here to my pinterest page for Kara. I have SO loved this project and cannot WAIT for it all to come together! I hope all of you have a fabulous Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top