Good Morning abode lovers and Happy Tuesday! Can you believe that it's practically summer? It's so HOT already here in Alabama and it's not even June yet! I am seeing a lot of ice cream and Icees in my future. It looks like it's going to be a long summer! Anyway, I know it's been quite a bit since I've blogged, but I promise it's been for good reason. I've been all over the place lately and have had a little trouble getting inspired, sometimes, it happens! Thank goodness for fun and exciting projects to get my wheels turning once again--- 

This is a little design board that I did for a lovely lady in Alaska- she's having a baby girl and I was lucky enough to score the project for her nursery design! She loves giraffes, so I knew they would be a key part of the design. My client already had the giraffe bust from Anthropologie so I just ran with it! 


This is the initial design board:


Here is a layout of 3 views of the nursery. I adore the touches of black in this space. I know it's a bit different for a nursery, but I thought it was really fun. My favorite parts of the nursery are the bedding fabric and the mobile... the bunny silhouettes mobile just owns me.


Here is another view of the nursery. I love the elegant and simple lines of the Restoration Hardware dresser and the bone inlay mirror adds a lovely touch of whimsy and contrast to this side of the room. The jeweled sconces flanking the mirror are just the right amount of glamour for this baby girl's nursery. 



The third side of the room is where this sweet, roll out giraffe canvas via Pottery Barn Kids will live. It's soft and shouldn't get in the way of the changing table that rests beneath. 



After talking with my wonderful client, she and I decided to try the nursery without all of the black for a softer, more girlie look. I love this look as well!


While I love the first black and white option, these lamps via Anthropologie have been on my radar for a while and I just love them in this space! I also love the soft, scalloped edged mirror via West Elm. 


So, what are your thoughts? Do the abode lovers out there prefer the black and white more graphic nursery? Or the super sweet and soft second look? I am perfectly in love with BOTH and can't wait to see how the space comes together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top