Hello abode lovers! I finished up a super cute nursery last week for an adorable Chicago family that's expecting a little girl and I just had to share it with all of you!

What I love most about this e-design is the combination of fabrics and patterns. My amazing client knew from the beginning that she wanted to use the oh-so-popular watercolor peony wallpaper from Anthropologie-- and since I had previously designed a nursery with this wallpaper, I was very familiar with all that it has to offer! The fact that my client loved this wallpaper told me that she wasn't afraid of color and pattern.... my favorite! Look at this mix of yummy color and pattern....


 

Here is an idea of what I've picked for the space... I completely adore it! 

Board and Batten was a must for this space. The anthropologie wallpaper is gorgeous, but pricey, so I wanted to keep the paper to a minimum without looking like we were skimping. I mean, who doesn't love board and batten!? It feels so rich and totally timeless. I love that this way, the wallpaper doesn't overwhelm you and allows for art and decor to still play a large part in the space. 


Here is one little vignette in the space that is scaled. The changing table is a piece that was used elsewhere in my client's home... the sconces were used instead of lamps so that her sweet baby could have all of the surface space for diaper changes without giving up the chance to add much needed lighting to the nursery. The art that I chose are actually folded greeting cards from Rifle Paper. It's great, CHEAP art! (I have a folded greeting card hung in Lochlan's nursery from Rifle Paper as well!) I also love, love mirrors in baby spaces... babies just KNOW they're cute and have to look at themselves whenever possible. I also love that large mirrors bounce around light and create the illusion of space-- they're great pieces that will grow with your kid too!


I love using rustic, masculine pieces in a super girly space... when you have this many flowers on the wall, I think it's nice to create a balance. I have used metallic bins to fill this little industrial piece to fem it up a bit. Also, can't get enough of these fabulous poodle bookends... 


Here is the dresser I chose for this little nursery... I have always been a fan of this West Elm piece. It's gorgeous. I love the simple, clean lines. I love that it will grow with this little gal until college! I love that it's not too feminine or masculine and that it has an artful look instead of just being a big ole hunk of wood. My client also had talked to me about using one of my pieces from my shop, Laurel Dawn to hang in the nursery... I love it. 


So what do you think? I think I love designing nurseries more than anything in the world, they're just so darn sweet! Here is the full pinterest board with every piece that I have chosen for this space. If any of my abode lovers are interested in an e-design shoot me an email at laureldawndesigns@gmail.com and I can get you a quote! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top