So, I realize that I've been a little out of sight lately... what can I say? I've been BUSY- way busy. I mean, freakin' lose your mind busy, but hopefully I'm coming out of it now- I'm in need of a slow-down peeps! I went to Boston last week with Mister Hubs and his fam and drove down to Auburn University last night to see my little sister, Sunshine (not her real name) strut her stuff for Miss Greek Week, that DZ girl rocked it! And in the midst of all of this traveling I was finishing up design projects left and right. Now that I am actually able to breathe for a second, I wanted to say hello to all of my abode lovers! I also need to update all of you with what's been going on in my abode (coming early next week!) 

So, what's on my mind today? Grace Bonney. She's way cool. She's the blogger behind Design*Sponge and she's been rockin' it since 2004. I am sure MANY of you are very familiar with this fabulous woman, but if you're not... get acquainted! Grace has come out with a fabulous new book, Design*Sponge at Home and I am so pumped to go pick up my very own copy to display on my coffee table. I know that this lady has made sure that it's packed with some pretty serious eye candy, like so serious you'll end up with a sugar coma when you're finished... I can't wait. I love a good design-eye-candy-sugar-coma.



If you chose to buy this fabulous book, buy it from Anthropologie. "Why?" you ask... well, because it has 16 pages of bonus content for Anthropologie customers! I can't wait to order mine, I need to MAKE SURE that I get it by November 2nd... "why?" you ask? Well.. because I'm going to go meet Grace Bonney, ask her to sign my book, and ask her to come to the abode for a sleepover and a bottle of wine. Grace is traveling cross country on a book tour, so check out Design*Sponge to see if she's coming to a city near you! Anyway, back to my daydream, I think Grace and I could be friends (this is also what Mister Husband says about Brad Pitt). Anyone else dreaming of having a sleepover and a glass of wine with this fabulous woman? I would just hope that some of her awesome-ness would rub off on me... and that perhaps she would set up a little meet and greet with Jonathan Adler (He wrote the forward in her book, don't you just die?)

So, are any other southern bloggers going to be in Birmingham for the event? I'm going with a round-up of creative and fabulous women and can't wait! Make sure if you're planning to attend that you sign up!




Happy Wednesday Abode Lovers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top