I spent my Sunday on a mission... The mission was to make my front porch lovely. I started out with a few rocking chairs that Mister Husband and I had purchased a little over a year ago. We also had a pair of cute pillows given to us as a wedding gift, and a lantern that was used at our wedding, but has since fallen apart completely.
Why did I even leave it on the porch?
No idea.


So, here is the before



So, I went out to Homegoods love it and purchased a few pots. I wanted to stay with white and blue-ish green colors that would work well with the color palette from my previously owned pretty pillows. I also wanted something that would complement pink flowers...I gravitate toward a feminine palette, thank goodness, Mister Husband obliges me.   

The MiracleGro potting mix is supposed to be idiot proof... we'll see!

I also picked up a great little side table from World Market- I wanted something that would compliment the rocking chairs- and work as a simple backdrop to my pretty pots.

The Lady of the castle, my little cocker, decided to join the planting porch party. 
And now, the finished product!
I was most excited about a twisty little dried branch I found at Homegoods- I had 3 people stop me in the store to ask where they were located. I felt like I had a little pile of gold in my buggy! I also loved the jar covered in wire via World Market. 

Some of my favorite plants are the dusty miller and the hosta fire and ice. I think these little guys were the perfect contrast to my pink and white petunias! I am honestly not sure what the yellow guys are... the tag only said annuals, but I gravitated toward the texture and shape. Anyone know what I can call them?  
I really love all of the bright colors, and I am so happy that I created a little outdoor living space to enjoy. Of course, the facade of my little castle could still use a little fixing up here and there, but for now, it's lovely!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top