Hello abode lovers! That's right, I guess Mama's intuition was RIGHT! (and Daddy's intuition for that matter) We've decided to name our sweet baby boy Lochlan Patterson McBurney-- it's super Irish, and we love that since we are a McFamily after all...

Super mom made the ombre style blue cake... loved it! She also rigged up the "babykins" sign and hung the mobile that she made well over 20 years ago for me before I was born!
Mister Husband and I couldn't be more thrilled... we were so happy to see our sweet babykins kickin' like a champ (a soccer champ that is) and waving to us with his tiny fingers... sweet Lochlan melted my heart! Way to give your mommy and daddy a show... 


So... now the planning begins. Our little lad will be here at the end of July and he needs an amazeballs nursery... so I MUST get on it ASAP! Here are a few pieces that were already purchased before knowing the sex...

This puppy was certainly a splurge, but I'm confident I'll use it for every baby I ever have... all 8 of them... or maybe just 3? Anyway, I snagged this bad boy right after Christmas when they were running one of their deals... I got this crib on sale, thank God! It's not due to arrive until April, good thing I ordered it so early! 


I am planning on placing this beautiful crib in front of a large window, so I knew that I wanted a crib with some visual weight OVER the crib... I love this piece! 


Serena + Lily's Marlo bedding. (I've loved it for years for a boy or girl) It's no longer being sold, but again, I snagged this bedding right after Christmas when it went HALF OFF for the first time EVER and is now GONE for good! We won't be tying little bows on the spindles... I will be tying very masculine knots so that Lochlan knows that he is in fact a boy :) Although, I don't mind the sweet touches of flowers and little bugs... babies are babies, and I love this bedding! 


No worries abode lovers... there will be plenty of masculine touches in the room and color that will help "boy up" the space... this is just what I have so far! I can't wait to share an inspiration board soon!  


Thank you so much for all of your kind comments and well wishes-- this is such an amazing time in my life and can't really wrap my head around the miracle that is happening within me, but I know that I'm excited! I hope all of you abode lovers have a fantastic day and Hip! Hip! Hooray! for BOYS! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top